Friday 15 January 2010

Heading for 30.....




For the past couple of years I have used a chronological reading plan taking you through the Bible in a year.  This year I have been taking a different approach in my quiet times using some ideas from a few websites I looked at.  I am using a 180 day overview of the Bible which takes you through the 'highlights' of the message of salvation through the Bible.  I have almost finished the chapters from Genesis and today was reading about Joseph's release from prison to interpret Pharaoh's dreams and his subsequent promotion to 'Prime Minister'. It is amazing when you consider the pathway God used from the first dreams Joseph had telling him others would bow down to him until he gets to this position.  I go through the passage verse by verse, writing a short summary and considering the message of the passage and its application today.  For Genesis I have used the commentary by Mr Eveson also which has been very helpful.




Today the commentary highlighted that Joseph was 30 when he attained the position of leadership in Egypt, David was 30 when he began to reign as king, and Jesus was about 30 when he began his public ministry. I found this quite encouraging. 

No comments: