Saturday 28 August 2010

I will build my church

I have recently heard 2 excellent sermons on 'I will build my church' a great promise of Jesus.  It has started me thinking about the outreach of the church and our witness.  It is all very exciting if someone goes to serve the Lord in a township in Africa or a village in Peru but what about our homeland.  What do we think of someone serving the Lord in little church in little village in homeshire?  We should be living as missionaries in our own neighbourhoods, seeking to serve the Lord and reach out to the lost.  If we saw ourselves as missionaries - people serving with a mission - how differently would we live our lives?  Should we move to areas where there are small struggling churches so we can help them and add to their numbers or should we join the large popular church 20 miles away where we can have good fellowship and don't have many duties?



I know I have a lot to change in my life to be able to serve more faithfully.  I need to learn to speak more about my Saviour, it is so easy to talk about church and church politics, but what about Jesus?  Much more to pray about and much more to learn and to act upon.

In the sermon at my church the preacher highlighted the number of villages within a few miles of the church with no gospel witness.  If just 0.025% of the people living in those villages came to the church we would double our congregation, surely that is a stimulus for out-reach and should give us a vision for our prayers, imagine if we got 1% the church would be full! - With God all things are possible. Mark 10:27

1 comment:

Issie-828 said...

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Iaiah 6v8