Wednesday 22 April 2009

Been a long time...

Oh, dear, it has been a long time since I posted but I haven't forgotten about my blog completely! Had a week of holiday and been otherwise occupied with work and coursework. Will be posting more frequently hopefully in 3 weeks when the coursework is handed in.

Thought I'd share this lovely verse I read the other day in my quiet time, found it a real encouragement to me:

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. Psalm 17:15

How lovely to be satisfied with the likeness of Christ.

Always disappointing when you look up a verse in another version and it seems to say something completely different. The ESV version of this verse was the one for me!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is such a beautiful verse, thanks for sharing.

I know what you mean about different translations. One I find that is different in that it lessens the verse's impact is: "I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly". This becomes "I have come that they may have life, and live it to the full" in more modern versions. The impact and meaning of the verse is lessened dramatically in my opinion!