Monday 30 March 2009

A Hymn...

We sung this hymn last Sunday and I really loved the words, so thought I would share it.

My rest is in heaven; my rest is not here
Then why should I tremble when trials are near?
Be calm anxious spirit! The worst that can come
But shortens the journey, and hastens me home

It is not for me to be seeking earth's bliss
Or building my hopes in an age such as this
I look for a city which hands have not built
A country not ruined by sin and by guilt

Afflictions may press me, they cannot destroy
One glimpse of His love turns them all into joy
Let doubt then, and danger, my progress oppose
They only make Heaven more sweet at the close

Come joy, or come sorrow, whatever befall
An hour with my God will make up for them all
The road may be rough, but it cannot be long

I'll walk it by faith, while rejoicing in song.

No comments: