Saturday 21 March 2009

A Quote...

I am reading 'Striving against Satan' by Joel Beeke which I would highly recommend. This is an amusing but valuable quote from the book about the relationship between the law and faith.

'I thought I must obey the law and went to Moses to make terms with him and he at once knocked me down. I knew I deserved it and did not complain. I prepared myself and went again; and, with a severer blow, he brought me to the ground a second time. I was amazed, and entreated him to hear me. But he drove me from Sinai, and gave me no satisfaction. In my despair, I went to Calvary. there I found One who had pity on me, forgave my sins, and filled my heart with his love. I looked at him, and his healing mercy penetrated my whole being, and cured the malady within. Now, I went back to Moses to tell him what had happened. He smiled on me, shook my hand, and greeted me most lovingly; and he has never knocked me down since. I go to Calvary by Sinai, and all its thunders are silent.'

No comments: