Sunday 5 April 2020

Coronavirus Reflections #3

How quickly we adapt as humans. This isolation is becoming a new way of life, not that I would like it to continue any longer than necessary, it is so unnatural. God created us to be social beings and living in communities, not isolated ones and families. I hope we never forget the blessing of being able to be together after this.

Last Sunday morning service went well on Zoom with a remote preacher, we managed the same again on Tuesday evening. Isaiah 26 on Sunday and Peter being released from prison in answer to prayer on Tuesday. It's good to be reminded of the Sovereignty and trustworthiness of our God and that he answers prayer.

The reminder of the frailty of life and seriousnsess of the virus has continued this week. Daily deaths have been increasing rapidly. A man in his 60s from my friends church died yesterday. A lot of medical staff have died.

This week I went to a 21st birthday party on Zoom. I've also transitioned to working from home, covering patient lists by telephone.There have been a number of issues getting the IT set-up but the IT department has been overwhelmed by demand.

The shops are laid out for distancing with a new one-way system around Tesco. There was no queue to get in when I went, more evidence that things are settling into more of a routine.

Although the isolation is becoming more routine I feel it is important to use the time to seek the Lord and plead for His name to be glorified through this and the protection of many lifes temporarily and eternally. When this first happened I was so moved by how the finger of the Lord had gone out against us, I pray I wouldn't become hardened to that conviction.

The week has ended with beautiful sunshine so it has been lovely to be out in the garden. This morning is beautiful ready to worship the Lord on this Palm Sunday.


No comments: