Sunday 12 April 2020

Coronavirus Reflections #4

It has been a beautiful sunny week. This lovely Easter weather makes me think back to the lovely sunshine we enjoyed a year ago at Easter when I was camping.

How much of life we never realised was a privelege - to go in and out as we please, to freely enjoy the countryside, meeting with friends, to be able to sit beside my mother on the sofa, gathering to worship God together.

Last Sunday we again met on Zoom with a visiting preacher speaking on Palm Sunday, then an afternoon Bible study on Galatians. In the evening I went to another church by Zoom with a sermon on the Philippian jailer. I find Zoom meetings much easier to be a part of. Watching youtube on my own it seems much easier to be distracted and loose concentration somehow.  The queen addressed the nation in the evening, only the fourth time she has done this in extraordinary times.

On Good Friday I watched a service in Bangor at the same time as my friend and then we had a Zoom meeting in the evening.

We've had the joy of seeing wonderful answers to prayer for healing. The prime minister was in intensive care for a few days this week with the virus. Many in the nation prayed. The Lord has restored His health. Another friend went into hospital but was very soon sent home to continue recovering. Hundreds are dieing each day in the UK and several nursing homes have a lot of cases. The government continues it's daily briefings.

This week I've worked at home all week. I'm glad to be able to speak to others on the phone and it's good to have purpose in the day. It's already noticeable though that the work Whatsapp group is much quieter. I emptied my clinic room on Friday moving out of the premises I rented.

I've seen Tesco's with huge long queues going round the car park and down the road this week. I was thankful to choose a time with no queue. Most things are in stock now although there are very few eggs - the only ones left were Duck eggs.

I've been getting lots of household cleaning done and jobs in the garden. I feel concern though about the need to spend more time with the Lord and learn the lessons of this situation. 

Today is Easter Sunday - we remember our Risen Lord - the same, yesterday, today and forever.

And looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled back—it was very large. Mark 16:4 Let's look up and see our God and what he will do to bring glory to His name.

No comments: