Sunday 21 June 2020

Coronavirus Reflections #14

The weather has been a lot more mixed this week with rain and thunder storms as well as sunshine. It's delayed some of my neighbours DIY projects in their gardens.

On Monday this week we had a meeting to plan for the Restoration of Worship at chapel. The government released some guidance last week so we are seeking to apply it in preparation for recommencing corporate worship. I'm sure I'll write more about this later.

It's been nice to have a week of spending time with my parents again. It's hard to remember that social distancing exists if I just stay between my home and my parents. You soon remember though if going to the supermarket or anywhere else.

I enjoyed a walk with my friend yesterday exploring the village of Adderbury. There are some beautiful villages with interesting history in this area of Oxfordshire.

I attended an all day virtual pain conference on Thursday. It was really good to be able to hear a lot of international experts without anyone needing to travel. This may be the future for conferences. There are loads of online learning opportunities at the moment, I've got another conference next week.

Last Sunday we had a preacher from Kent on the feeding of the 5000 and a Bible study on Barnabas. It was a prayer meeting on Tuesday.

The Covid risk number was reduced to 3 this week. Another step in the right direction. It's looking promising for a lot of the restrictions to be lifted in July. I was very encouraged to read this week that the Isle of Man has reached the stage of being able to stop all social distancing albeit no one can leave or enter the island. It became compulsory on Monday to wear face coverings on public transport and all staff and visitors in hospitals.

I was remembering this morning about a time when I was a child and the pastor preached from the same text morning and evening for about 16 weeks and I can't remember what the text is. I wonder if this whole experience will be like that - just a vague memory in the end. What I pray though is that we will not forget the lessons we have learned and will appreciate things more, particularly worshipping God and serving together as a church as well as the lessons for personal spiritual life.

No comments: